Your Summer Guide to Keeping Your Home Maintained
When selling your home, it is important to keep it in good condition, well maintained and prepared for when homes in Lakeville MN buyers stop by. Here are seven tips on maintaining good care throughout the summer.
- Check lights – Make sure your interior and exterior lights work so that homebuyers will be able to see inside and outside of your home. Your home will not sell if a buyer cannot see it.
- Clean your drains – The kitchen sink, bathtub and bath sink are all commonly used areas that can have food, hair, and other particles and buildup there. By cleaning these regularly, you will be able to keep them unclogged and allow for water to continually run smoothly down them by cleaning them.
- Deep cleaning – Thoroughly clean your home on a regular basis. Steam your furniture and wash your fabric coverings, dust your wall and cabinet surfaces and ceiling fans, wipe down the inside drawers and cabinets, and wash your windows and window coverings. Show love to your flooring by vacuuming your carpets and sweeping and polishing the floors. Hire a carpet cleaning company or rent a carpet cleaning machine to clean your carpets. Taking these steps should keep your home smelling fresh.
- Eliminate odors – Odors may linger if you have pets, smoke, or trash. Empty out the trash frequently but do not forget to deep clean your trash bins since the problem could be there. Clean out your fridge by throwing out expired or food you no longer want. Place a box of baking soda in the fridge to keep it smelling fresh. You should also put a cleaning tablet in your dishwasher once a week to get rid of any odors that are lingering.
- Get rid of the clutter – The last thing a potential buyer wants to see is clutter. Remove any clutter or unnecessary items from your home to keep your space more attractive.
- Maintain the lawn – Keep your lawn neat and tidy by mowing it often. Remove any weeds and get rid of anything that will hinder the curb appeal, something buyers look for when buying a new home. If you are no longer living at the home, make sure you hire someone to help maintain this for you.
- Pressure wash the exterior – The harsh Minnesota winters can wreak havoc on your home. Pressure wash the exterior of your home, deck, and drive way to help improve your curb appeal. Pressure washing will help get rid of dirt, mildew, mold, and other outdoor materials off the exterior surfaces. Give your home or the window trim a fresh coat of paint if anything still looks lackluster.
While you wait to sell your home you should start your own home search. Contact Matthew Just today at 952-381-7757 or Katelin Morton at 651-425-0569 for details about the homes in Lakeville MN by Key Land Homes.Tags: homebuilder lakeville mn, Homes for sale Lakeville MN, Homes for sale Prior Lake MN
This post was written by Key Land Homes