Spring Home Maintenance Tips
May & June
- Check and clean mechanical ventilation system (HRV). Check your manual and follow manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Clean or replace furnace/air-conditioning filters monthly or as recommended by manufacturer.
- Clear air intakes, exhaust and meters of debris, nests, etc.
- Check gutters and downspouts and clean if needed.
- Open outside hose connection.
- Check and clean central air conditioning system. See your owners manual for details.
- Check landscaping sprinklers to ensure proper alignment (do not let them soak your siding or foundation).
- Ensure that ground slopes away from outside foundation walls. Check for settling after the spring thaw. Maintain proper grades for drainage throughout the property.
- Inspect pressure and temperature valve on water heater.
Categorised in: cleaning tips
This post was written by Key Land Homes