Choosing what goes into your new Key Land home can be one of the most exciting things about building a new home. This is where you get to express your personality and make your house into your home. When you build new, you get to choose colors, finishes, flooring, fixtures, cabinet styles, and more.
Key Land Homes works with these fine companies to help you select materials for your home:
- Cardinal Floors is your one-stop selection center helping Key Land’s buyers select everything from flooring, to color selections, to the siding to literally the kitchen sink! Cardinal Floors is responsible for ordering and installing carpet, vinyl, ceramic, laminate, and prefinished wood floor coverings for all the new homes. Cardinal Floor’s qualified design consultants are there to help our buyers with all of their selections.
- Southern Lights works with Key Land’s buyers to assist them in choosing lighting fixtures to fit their needs and style. Their friendly, knowledgeable staff will show you the latest in lighting styles from their beautiful lighting showroom. They feature a vast selection of hanging fixtures by Kichler, Trend, Elk, Forte, and more, as well as flush mounts and wall sconces.
- All, Inc is Key Land Homes’ supplier of kitchen and bath cabinetry and appliances. Their large showroom is open for you to view over 50 vignettes, various layouts, styles, and samples to help you select your choices for your new Key Land home. Additionally, All, Inc has decorative cabinet hardware.
Tips for getting the most out of the selection process:
- Plan and call ahead! Allow enough time for your selections to be ordered and installed. Key Land Homes recommends that you make your appointments to visit these selection centers at least twelve (12) weeks before your anticipated close date.
- Don’t rush yourself! Making your selections is a very important part of building your new home; after all you’ll be living with your new choices for a long time. Please allow 2 – 3 hours for each of your appointments at these design centers.
- Don’t be distracted! Due to the importance of selections and the length of your appointment, we recommend that you do not bring children.
- Be Prepared! Tour the model or review the plans if a model isn’t available. You’ll want to have a good idea of how your plan flows and what the spaces are like.
- Bring your ideas! A good place to start is with pictures and articles in home décor magazines. Plus, you may have colors, flooring, or fabric samples that you want to bring with you.
- Make the most out of your new home! Remember most buyers will invest an average of 12% above and beyond their selection allowances to upgrade their new home. They know that they can finance these options through their mortgage and only increase their monthly payment by a very modest amount. Smart buyers know that it’s easier to make the choices they really want now while their home is being built as opposed to redoing it later. Plus by adding this cost into their mortgage they maximize their tax deduction and they add to their resale value down the road.
- Have fun! The qualified staff at Key Land Homes’ design centers are experts at helping guide homebuyers through all the design selections.
Our customers say…
“Choosing the selections for our new Key Land home was fun! The whole design process was very smooth and easy. Key Land’s design professionals helped by making great suggestions and we also got some ideas by looking at the completed models.”